The game Apex Legends is considered to be one of the most popular battle royale games in the whole globe. The winner of the tough bouts is often determined by who has greater aim and gunplay ability. To ensure that players are getting the most out of their skills, the aim settings in Apex Legends come in two flavours: toggle and hold modes. The default option for the toggle aim may not be optimal for all players, particularly novices who are still becoming used to the game and trying to figure out what works best for them.
Learn how to turn off toggling aim in Apex Legends, as well as other interesting details regarding the game’s aiming mechanism, by reading this guide.
How to Turn Off Toggle Aim on PC?
PC gamers have the option of using their mouse and keyboard to play the game or connecting in a gamepad to take control of the action instead. Both of these choices come with their own set of benefits and drawbacks, and the controller configurations aren’t that unlike from those of any other console at your disposal.
If you’re playing the game with a configuration consisting both a mouse and a keyboard, you may deactivate toggling aim by following these steps:
- To adjust the settings, use the cogwheel in the lower-right corner. You may also use the “Escape” key, which continues to function even while you are in the middle of a match.
- Select “Settings.”
- Click the “Mouse/Keyboard” tab at the very top of the screen.
- .Scroll down to the “Weapons & Abilities” area of the menu, which is located in the lower part of the menu.
- You will see that there are two aiming choices available to you: “Aim Down Sight (Toggle)” and “Aim Down Sight (Hold)”.
- To disable the toggle aim, right-click on the boxes that are located next to the text that reads “Aim Down Sight (Toggle),” which will unbind the associated key combinations.
- Set “Aim Down Sight (Hold)” to be bound to the button(s) or key(s) of your choosing. Simply push the binding into place once you have left-clicked on the box that is located next to the name of the setting. The majority of gamers aim down sights by using the right mouse button (ADS).
- You are given the choice to access the Firing Range in order to play about with the settings and choose which of the two options, hold or toggle, seem more natural to you.
If you are playing the game with a controller, you will need to go to a separate page in order to make any adjustments to the settings. Proceed in the following manner:
- To access the game’s settings, either hit the gear symbol on the bottom left of the screen or go to “Escape” > “Settings.”
- Click the “Controller” tab to continue.
- You’ll want to look for the “Aim Button” line in the upper section of the menu.
- To disable the toggle function, choose the “Hold” option from the menu.
How to Turn Off Toggle Aim on Consoles?
If you are playing Apex on a console (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox S/X, or Switch), you will be required to use a controller in order to do so. There is no other way to play the game. Your possibilities to adjust your settings are rather restricted since you do not have access to the vast button layout availability that the configuration consisting of a keyboard and a mouse provides.
Toggling aim may still be deactivated, despite the fact that this is the case. The following is what you are need to do:
- Make sure the “Menu” button is pressed.
- Select “Settings.”.
- Choose the “Controller” tab located at the very top.
- Move your cursor to the line labelled “Aim Button,” then click the “Hold” button.
That wraps it up! You’ll need to maintain holding down the “Aim” button (which is set to LT by default) if you want to keep your sights on the target. You are able to put the settings through their paces on the Firing Range.
Does Apex Legends Have Aim Assist?
There is an aim help feature in Apex Legends. The mouse and keyboard arrangement, on the other hand, prevents players using a personal computer from using the game’s aim help.
Aim assist is mainly designed to help users bridge the gap between the rather clumsy sensitivity of the controllers and a greater range of movements when using the mouse and keyboard. This gap can be seen when comparing the controllers to the mouse and keyboard. As a consequence of this, aim assist is available to everyone who plays the game with a controller, regardless of whether they are playing on a computer or a console.
Hold Your Ground in Apex Legends
When you’re just starting out as a gamer, choosing the right ADS mode to play in might spell the difference between winning and losing. You are now aware of how to make the necessary adjustments, despite the fact that both choices come with their own set of perks and drawbacks. After making a big adjustment, it may take some time for the new behaviour to become ingrained in your muscle memory; nonetheless, you shouldn’t stop playing in the meanwhile.
What are some of your preferred configurations when playing Apex Legends? Do you hold aim or utilise the toggle aim function? Share your thoughts with us in the space below under “Comments.”